Dogs Available for Adoption
Page may take several seconds to load
Questions to Ask Yourself Before Adopting
- Do I have the time and patience to commit to helping a dog adjust to a new home (this can take 3 months) or a puppy to learn obedience and the basics (this can take many months)?
- Do I have the funds to properly care for a dog? At the minimum, this includes routine and unexpected vet bills, food and training, if needed.
- Do I have secure housing or a plan to ensure I can keep the dog should I have to move out of my current home?
Our Adoption Process
We take great care in finding perfect homes for our dogs, so our adoption process may be longer than that of shelters or other rescues. We get to know both the dog and the potential adopter to ensure they are a good match. Because we work hard to make perfect matches, we have a very low return rate.
The adoption fee is $200 for both puppies and dogs. We do not make any profit from this fee, in fact it rarely covers all the costs we incur. Your dog will be vaccinated, microchipped and spayed/neutered before you take them home.
- IMPORTANT: The adoption application form works best on a computer. If you use a mobile device to complete the form, be sure you get an email confirmation that your application was received.
- Our adoption coordinator will reach out to you for a phone interview.
- A meet-n-greet and home visit will be scheduled.
- Adoption will be finalized.
- We will periodically check in with you to see how your new family member is adjusting.
Adopt A Dog
resources for pup parents
Contact PBSF Dog Rescue
We are a small team of volunteers, so please be patient as we work to answer emails. We do not have an intake facility, so we cannot take in owner surrenders or strays. To report a stray, contact Louisville Metro Animal Services here.